Parsley...evil?

I just had lunch and I had this urge to write in my blog about something I have been observing almost all my life whenever I go out to eat in a restaurant...this stupid herb called 'Parsley' It gets put on almost every dish...no one eats it...no one really even looks at it...and it does not make a plate of food look prominent-maybe greener but not better. "Parsley is one of the most widely used herbs"....No kidding-You can't even get a plate of fried rice without escaping the site of this biennial plant!! If you were to gather all the thrown out parsley in the world I bet it could feed all the people in Mauritania.

Don't even get me started on all the small - almost obsessively - cut food ornaments that they put on the sides of almost every dish in Thailand. I mean 1) it's such a waste of time to sit there, cut a carrot, and make it look like a perfectly shaped flower and 2) it is the biggest waste of food-Who eats this stuff?

Beauty is so superficial...even in food.

No comments: