Harry Potter...obsession?


Am I the only kid who can't sit through Harry Potter movie...let alone actually read the book. I have tried to read the book at least three times and each time my pursuit of finishing this "nine days'wonder" ends unsuccessfully at around the first half of the first chapter. Why is this? I was able to read (and analyze) Julie of the Wolves in the sixth grade, Wild Magic in the seventh, (don't get me started on those) but why the hell can't I finish at least ONE Harry Potter book?
Now I'm living in a society where every kid thinks Harry Potter is the greatest book ever written ... how will I cope? I'm serious; every "sane" Korean has read the whole series of Harry Potter books and owns every one of the movies on DVD. They act as if it's holier than the bible.
Now if any of you has read any Harry Potter book...please I beg of you to tell me what you get out of these books? I don't think you can learn too much from reading about ths wizard guy who goes to a wizard school and does wizard things with his wizard friends? If you can tell me and I will attempt to cease my reading cycle once and for all.
And get this Harry Potter has an official website..check it out ....
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/main/homepage/intro.html


1 comment:

Maia Bondy said...

OMG!! i totally agree! What was with the whole harry potter faze anyways?? isn't it still happening? YUCKK!! i refuse to watch the movies and read the books.